Newsletter Summer 2018

The Neglected Part of Your Net Worth.

Traditional asset managers only really impact 20% of a client’s balance sheet. This leaves 80% unattended.

Download PDF

Newsletter Winter 2016-2017

Awakening Animal sports.

When confidence plummets,markets freeze and recessions occur. When confidence re-emerges, markets thaw and expansion resumes.

Download PDF

Fall 2016

Battle Planning for the Now Normal.

W&A began managing client assets in 1986. At that time, the most advanced technologies available to household investors were the television and the telephone. The money management industry was in its infancy and investors held stocks for years on average versus minutes today.

Download PDF

Newsletter Winter 2016

How to Maintain Your Mental Health in these Crazy Markets

After a period of relative calm, market volatility has returned with a vengeance.

Download PDF

Newsletter Summer 2015

The New China

China’s prosperity has stoked envy and attracted imitators across Asia. The bugling affluence of the Chinese cannot be ignored.

Download PDF

Newsletter Spring 2015

The Chinese Cache Out

As wealth in China increases and restrictions recede, the Chinese have begun venturing out with their newfound capital and carry-ons.

Download PDF

winter-2014Newsletter Winter 2014
The US Finds The Energy To Adapt
The ancient Chinese philosophy of Yin and Yang teaches that every force in nature must have an opposing force.

Download PDF

Newsletter Fall 2014
Chinese trapeze
China has entered a difficult economic development phase economists refer to as “the middle income trap”.

Download PDF

Newsletter Spring 2014
Beat ’em or Join ’em!
The investment public’s growing obsession with benchmarks and indexing has led many otherwise active money managers to behave less actively.

Download PDF

Newsletter Winter 2013
Diagnosing the US Fiscal Condition
The continuing drama of Federal fiscal cliffs, shutdowns and debt ceilings has lured the nation’s attention without corresponding details. In our society of shoot first, ask questions later, few individuals I speak with truly understand the US fiscal condition.

Download PDF

Newsletter Fall 2013
Keep The Fed Free
Alexander Hamilton, our founding father of finance, advocated for the establishment of the first US central bank in 1791. Hamilton’s vision for a centralization of the US financial system did not sit well with the anti-Federalists who prevented a renewal of the banks charter in 1811.

Download PDF

Newsletter Fall 2012
To Trade or Not To Trade
Today, the average holding period for stocks has fallen from eight years in 1960s to around five days.

Download PDF

Newsletter Spring 2012
REFRAMING the global economy
Today’s headlines may be dominated by European developments, but the global economy no longer looks to the Old World for leadership.

Download PDF

Newsletter Fall 2011
the Big things
The globalization of information means that the whole world has become local news.

Download PDF

Newsletter Winter 2010
Dual Majors Required
As global markets converge and correlations across asset classes rise, market mastery requires degrees in economics, philosophy, political science, finance, mathematics and computer engineering.

Download PDF

fall_2010Newsletter Fall 2010
Confront Choice with Consistency
In 1999 as the NASDAQ amassed an 86% return, Warren Buffet’s Berkshire Hathaway portfolio fell 20%.

Download PDF

Newsletter Spring 2010
Get Tough!
Money may not buy happiness but it does convey entitlement to the bearer.

Download PDF

Newsletter Spring 2009
What You Should Be Doing Now
Pundits have used endless superlatives to describe and give life to our most recent financial experience.

Download PDF

Newsletter Winter 2008
Just Your Average Year
Statistically, the daily market volatility in 2007 came in below the long-term average.

Download PDF

Newsletter Winter 2007
Make No Mistake
Today the average life expectancy in the United States is 78 years.

Download PDF

Newsletter Fall 2007
Back to School
Shortly before Alan Greenspan exited his post at the helm of the Federal Reserve in 2006, he warned us of a “disturbing level of complacency”.

Download PDF

Newsletter Spring 2007
Chinaphobia
I had a Japanese tutor in high school. At that time, Japan boasted the highest GDP per capita on the planet.

Download PDF